Seven days in and I’m already slacking!
This year my #onelittleword is [ g r o w ].
And I have a lot of growing to do. As hard as that is to say. But the truth is, the last two years have been a huge huge mess. And I have a lot to think about and a lot of rediscovering to do within myself.
I’m usually really good at coming up with goals and resolutions for the upcoming year in November. That didn’t happen this time around and I’m struggling with not being disappointed with myself.
2016 was a really hard year. I wish I had recorded more of the hard part just so years from now I can look back and say I can’t believe I picked myself up from that. Depression and struggle use to be my driving force to write. It was my therapy my whole childhood. Why did that stop now? Because the subjects and topics were too controversial? Because I was afraid of offending people? Because people are less understanding and less forgiving when they don’t know the situation? At the end of the day their opinions don’t sleep in my bed or dictate my life. I use to be this blunt, straight forward, idgaf kind of chick and I loved that about myself… then I got scared. And people shouldn’t change who you are, no matter WHO they are.
What do I hope to accomplish by the end of 2017?
- I hope to read 36 books
- I hope to be able to create a recap video like this one
- I hope to have a damn near regular blogging schedule
- I hope to revamp my hazearella instagram feed
- I hope to be more active on my hazearella twitter
- I hope to build hermagicandmadness
- I hope to discover 5 new resturants (yeah we’re back to this)
- I hope to level my FFXIV Axelyn‘s WHM, BLM, CUL, Fishing, Mining and Weaver to 60
- I hope to take more pictures
- I hope to film more of my life
- I hope to film more YouTube videos
- I hope to incorporate more Hygge into my life
- I hope to learn more French
- I hope to incorporate meditation back into my life
- I hope to discover more favorite’s
- I hope to start making lists again
- I hope to tidy my life
- I hope to take one step closer to figuring it out
I don’t have any extreme goals like I normally do. And I’m sure I’ll add more goals as I think of them. I’m trying to be more realistic about my goals and I’m trying to learn to trust the process as much as I don’t enjoy it.
So here’s to making more memories at 2017.
Finding more joys.
Discovering more favorites.